How to program a garage door remote from another remote
Instructions to update an EVO remote
- Press and hold button 1 of the WHY EVO, at the same time press button 2 four times.
- Release both buttons. Now the WHY EVO’s WHITE LED will emit a short flash every 2 seconds.
- On a flat, non-metallic surface, place the original remote control head to head with the WHY EVO, at a distance of about 5 cm.
- Press and hold the button of the original remote control you wish to copy.
- Once a correct signal is received, the WHITE LED begins to flash rapidly.
- Once correct learning has been achieved, The WHITE LED will change colour to BLUE.
- You can now release the button of the original remote.
- While the BLUE LED is flashing, select and press and hold the button on the WHY EVO that you want to store the code just learnt.
- Keep holding the switch until the LED turns off.
- The WHY EVO may now be programmed directly to the Motor/Receiver in the same way as a genuine replacement following the units own User Instructions for the correct procedure. (See the compatibility list overleaf).
- If the WHITE LED flashes only 3 times and switches off , the code has not been learnt correctly.
- Please repeat the operation from step 1.
- The WHY EVO memory is completely re-writable.
- The remaining buttons of WHY EVO can be used to copy any of the other remotes on the list in this catalogue. Please repeat the procedure from step 1 for each additional remote to be copied.
Do you need help with a garage door remote?
My professional mobile locksmith services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All jobs come with a 12-month warranty.